Terrarium TV and NVIDIA Shield TV both go hand-in-hand flawlessly. One of the best smart streaming devices built for entertainment to watch shows up to 4K HDR. Shield TV doesn’t stop only to be a TV its even more. Games and Music powered by NVIDIA make it the most wanted Home Theatre PC.
You can go freestyle with the Google-connected lifestyle. As you all know Terrarium TV is one of the versatile Android apps that supports any device resolution which had got currently more than millions of users.
Many of my users have opted to get Nvidia Shield TV instead of Fire TV, Apple TV, and Roku Ultra since it offered more access to Entertainment, Games, Media Center and most importantly to streaming.
Some services like Hulu, Amazon Prime, and Netflix are inside the box but it does not offer the extensibility that Terrarium TV offers and guess what they are not free!!
Terrarium TV on NVIDIA Shield TV
I have been hearing some wired rumors that NVIDIA Shield TV isn’t compatible with Terrarium TV and Sideloading is very hard but it ain’t true. The app works flawlessly and you don’t need a side load launcher to run, it installs straight on your home screen.
Personally, I ditched my Amazon Firestick and Xiamoi Mi Box to Shield TV since it supports everything that runs on them and as well as latest updates keep it going for more than 2 years now and I will be upgrading to the 2017 version in few days.
Even a not so super tech savvy person can install Terrarium TV on NVIDIA Shield TV, all you need to do is follow the below steps.
How to Install Terrarium TV on Shield TV
- Power up your Nvidia Shield TV.
- Before we proceed, Ensure that your Nvidia Controller is plugged in, then Open Settings.
- Find and select the Security & Restrictions options.
- You need to enable Unkown Sources option to allow installation from sources other than play store. Tap on it, then a warning will appear. Tap OK button.
- Go to your Default Browser or If you have Google Chrome then use it.
- Then Click on Terrarium TV APK and Choose the latest version to download.
- Now on your Nvidia Shield, there will be a default file Manager or if you have ES File Explorer, Open it.
- Directly navigate to the downloads directory and find the app. Else, find the app using the search feature.
- Once found. Tap on the app and it will take you to the installation page.
- Now Read the File Permissions and tap on the INSTALL Button.
- After the installation gets completed, Tap on the OPEN Button.
- We are not completed yet. Once you are in the app, tap on the Menu and then on the Settings option.
- Scroll down, and find Android TV Tab.
- Tap on Force Android TV mode which enables to display Android TV layout forcibly.
- Now start streaming your favorite Movies and TV Shows.
- First, to sideload Terrarium TV, you need a USB Flash Drive and a PC.
- Open your PC. Go to our Terrarium TV Download Page and get the latest version.
- Copy the downloaded .APK file on to the flash drive.
- Eject the Flash drive.
- After booting up your Nvidia Shield TV, Open Google Play Store and Install ‘ES File Explorer‘.
- Then connect your USB drive into one of the two available ports on Nvidia Shield TV.
- Open your ES File Explorer. Tap on ‘Local’ from the Menu and Click on the USB drive that you connected.
- A pop-up dialog box appears, saying “Allow the app ES File Explorer to access the USB device” then tap on the OK button.
- Now find the copied terrarium-tv.apk. Quickly tap on it to begin the installation.
- Tap on Install button and Open the app once it is completed.
- To enable Android TV mode, read the above method.
Now, these steps are compiled from easy to bit difficult order since many of our users prefer to have it that way. If you are up for the challenge you can definitely use the second method but both the methods will definitely install the app.
Hope you found our guidelines to be useful. Share your thoughts in the comments below. Happy Streaming.