Terrarium TV made the headlines recently beating its competitor ShowBox with more advanced options to control how you watch Movies and TV Shows. Currently, the app has millions of users with more users are growing tremendously.
So many of our users have been using it on a variety of devices from PC to Amazon Firestick. Recently one of our users asked if it is possible to get Terrarium TV on Xbox One / 360. At first, the question did quite dazzle me for a while but I was able to figure it out.
You might be wondering how did we do it? Since Terrarium TV is a native Android application that runs on any Android and Xbox is made up of Xbox OS.
Here is how we do it. We don’t actually run the app on Xbox instead we stream the content to Xbox via a Chromecast i.e connected to it.
Terrarium TV for Xbox 360 (Xbox One)
Streaming has never been this much fun. To install Terrarium TV for Xbox 360 you must connect the Chromecast to cast on them. But Xbox One has got Miracast support for a long time so Chromecast is not mandatory.
The same method can be used to cast them on to bigger screens like Smart TV or PC. For users that need to instantly cast Movies and TV Shows from Terrarium TV then this guide will be useful. All we require is a smartphone that has the app and a dedicated internet for better connectivity.
Setting ‘PlayTo’ on Xbox
Before we begin, If you own an Xbox One or 360 here are the respective steps to enable the feature called ‘Play On’ by following the below steps.
For Xbox One Users,
Open your Xbox One > Goto Settings > Tap on Preferences > Find and enable Allow Play To Streaming Checkbox under the Stream & App.
For Xbox 360 Users,
Power up your Xbox 360 > Select Settings > Then tap on System Settings > Finally Tap on Console Settings > Under Connected Devices, Change the Playto to ON State to enable it.
If you are a user running more than one Xbox on your home or office network then please do follow these steps to create a unique Custom Name.
Xbox One – Settings > System > Name (Enter your desired name) Then Click Enter and by tapping on Restart the name will be displayed.
Xbox 360 – Settings > System Settings > Console Settings > Console Name > Custom “Enter your desired name” and Tap on Done.
Now that’s settled follow each step carefully to cast Terrarium TV right away.
How to Stream Terrarium TV on Xbox One or 360
- If you are here means you have enabled the PlayTo feature on your current Xbox else enable it and proceed below.
- Power up your Xbox device and connect it to a Local network via WiFi.
- Now Download Terrarium TV APK on your Android Smartphone and connect to the same network as Xbox.
- Now install LocalCast directly from Google Play Store.
- Open your Terrarium TV.
- Search to find your favorite Movies or TV Shows and Tap on it.
- For eg: Thor: Ragnarok, Tap on the Blue Play button on the bottom.
- A list of available streams will be displayed, Tap on any of it.
- In the pop-up window, Tap on “Play with..” option.
- It will open the “Choose a video player”, In that tap on LocalCast.
- Sometimes you might not be able to find your Xbox device. So Tap on Discovery option and enable DLNA Renderers. Then Tap the OK button and quickly tap “RESTART WIFI”.
- Now your Xbox One or 360 will be displayed. Tap to initiate the connection.
- By this method, your Xbox will begin to stream the Movies or TV Shows from Terrarium TV.
You can check out Terrarium TV on Kodi which almost uses the same method but a different application to stream.
For easier access over the stream use the controls that are available on the LocalCast app. We recommend you to use Terrarium TV and VPN alongside in order to avoid any conflict from your ISP who might be monitoring your IP since few users felt what if Terrarium TV is not safe and legal. It also increases your security from cyber attacks and protects your geolocation and information from hackers or government bodies.
Now that’s settled you can ping us your doubts about Terrarium TV and Xbox in the comment section below.